I've been haveing a few ideas, me being me I never have any money:(
So I have come up with beauty remedies you can find at home in your kitchen :) And my first one in this series is SUGAR!!!!
Cane sugar produces glycolic acid, one of the natural alpha hydroxy acids that exfoliates the skin.
But sugar has more roles for beauty care than making your skin silky soft!!
You can use brown sugar or granulated sugar.
1) Sugar scrub. Sugar is an excellent exfoliant for face, body and feet! Here are some recipes :)
Basic Sugar Scrub
1 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 cup olive oil
- Pour the granulated white sugar into the jar.
- Pour the olive oil into sugar and mix thoroughly until the ingredients are well blended
1/4 cup granulated sugar
Chopped fresh tomato
2 tablespoons yogurt or sour cream
- Place the sugar in a small bowl. Add enough fresh chopped tomato to moisten, then add yogurt. Combine and apply to a clean, damp face, using fingertips to gently massage the formula into skin.
- Allow formula to remain on skin for 10 minutes, then rinse with warm water and pat dry.
2) Sugar waxing. Its an alternative to normal waxing, but its the same principal, apply to hairy part and strip off with one of the wax strips :)
1 cup Honey
1 cup Sugar
- Take a microwave-safe bowl, put honey and sugar in it.Mix thoroughly.
- Cut the lemon in half. Squeeze juice from the lemon and put it in the bowl.
- Mix thoroughly. Keep the bowl in the microwave and heat at high, for 2-5 minutes.
3) Sugar hairspray, strange it would seem you can do this at home, just dont tease the bees ;)
1 tablespoon sugar
1/3 to 1 cup hot water (less water for a thicker spray)
- Dissolve the sugar in the hot water.
- Pour the mixture into a spray bottle, and spray on the hair.
- You need to soak the spray nozzle in hot water to dissolve the sugar crystals between uses.